View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #13
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Personally I'm like others that have answered. I'll keep doing what I usually do buy whichever book I like and strip it then read it on whatever device that I own. It is unfortunate that as you say most people don't even realize that drm is a problem and they won't until they run up against a situation like this where they have to choose between a firmware upgrade and still being able to read books that they have purchased.

As much as it sucks to be in the position of not being able to access your books, the outrage it generates will hopefully move us all a little closer to being able to buy our books from publishers who aren't willing to shackle their books to a particular piece of hardware.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote