View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
But Doc, he was converting from Libre Office ODT to EPUB
To begin with, yes.

Quote:
The only action I know that creates an ORIGINAL_EPUB is to convert EPUB to EPUB, which I sometimes do inadvertently. I keep a beady eye on Formats in Book details and delete them when I do that.
At some point he did a ePub to ePub for multiple books. The TOC magically had the correct amount of entries after he removed the original_epub.

I could be wrong but all indicators are that it was operator error at every step. At some point he lost track of the automatically filled in source format during conversion.

Quote:
And if Carlos_ER was converting ODT to EPUB, and he was resetting defaults then why would the existence of an ORIGINAL_EPUB have any effect.
Exactly, calibre can get confusing. I believe if, Under Preferences - Behavior, he has EPUB at the top of his Preferred input format order then (if it exists) EPUB is automatically the source format listed in conversions.

Quote:
I just looked at my preferences->behaviour. EPUB was at the top of the Preferred Input Formats, again
I see you have experience with mistaken epub conversions too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_ER View Post
I thought that the "original_epub" file was just a backup copy from the previous conversion attempt, I never imagined it could be taken as source for another conversion.

If it is taken as source, I'd like to disable its creation so as not to get unexpected results, or I'll have to look for them manually and delete them in all directories. And may restart calibre in the process.
It's creation isn't the problem it is only created for Epub to ePub conversions and is only used as a source for ePub to anything conversions. Don't have ePub as your source and you'll be fine.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-14-2013 at 10:19 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote