View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #51
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday13th View Post
I was really shoked after reading this thread.
But for me things are clear and i dont understand the discussion.

In Germany you have 24 month of warranty (Gewährleistung) directly from the vendor and in the first 6 month of the warranty the vendor has to proof that YOU broke the screen by MISusing the device.
The screen doesnt have to be broken before getting to you. If you always use the device exactly for what it is sold (reading) and the screen breaks than it is because of poor material quality. The warranty covers any defect caused by using the device exactly for the things it is sold for.
Basically what you are claiming is that a warranty cannot be voided within the 6 month period - that cannot be right for obvious reasons.
There is a difference between theory and practice: take the following example: you buy a tablet computer, after one week you drop it onto the carpet, it does not work any more, no damage is seen, you simply tell the vendor that the device is defective: in all likelyhood you will get a new piece - no questions asked. Is some damage is seen you are in trouble - for a good reason.
If the seller claims you are responsible for a defect he essentially tells you that the warranty is voided. You can turn to the courts and try your luck there.
As mentioned before, there is something like "Kulanz" or goodwill, which should kick in here.
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote