View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #22
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yeah it so hard to use a regular Kindle after the PW because of that dirty look they have. You never notice it though till you use a Paperwhite. It's kind of ruins you for the other Kindles.
When someone asks me if it is useful to upgrade to the Paperwhite, I always answer like this:

"You know how a mass market paperback looks?"
" And you know how a high quality hardback with extra white paper looks?"
" That's the difference between the Paperwhite, and the ones before it."

Two people upgraded (one from a K3, one from a Sony), and both are happy with the upgrade. I've been happy with mine too, for almost 7 weeks. (Imported it from Germany.)

There are two other people who don't know zilch about ebooks (nor about Calibre, but I disabled everything apart from uploading and removing books), but bought a Touch on my advice, because the lighted readers at that moment were not good enough, or unstable software. That was a month before the PW was announced. Now that it's even available for online shopping, I don't dare to speak to them about e-readers, lest they discover the Paperwhite (or maybe Glo) and they'll kill me dead.... Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I went through many book lights, lighted cover and a Kindle Fire. The Paperwhite is the only reading device my husband has not complain about me using in bed while he is trying to sleep.
Marry me! I never sleep (except in public transport)! Happy reading is just one divorce away; the chance of a lifetime!!

(For brevity's sake, I'll omit all of my bad habits you'll get back in return.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-29-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote