View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 04:49 AM   #37
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I honestly don't see the point, myself - at least not if we're talking about two screens which just display two pages of the book. You're only going to read one page at a time, and is that worth halving the battery life for?
Magazines... I just bought the DVD collection of National Geographic. I can make an ebook (PDF format) from articles. A double screen would be handy in that case. For average novel reading, I agree, I don't see any added value to a double screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I personally think having only one screen is an advantage of ereaders over pbooks. There is no need to readjust my position after each page.
Easier to hold, only need one hand, you don't have to turn around to read "the other page"... I agree, an advantage of ebook readers is the single page reading... Though, there are times where a double screen can be handy (see above).

Would I buy a double screener? I doubt it, unless the price is low enough...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote