View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #38
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
People who are used to proper books, with good covers, typography, and finishing like good ToC's and such. Basically, most people born before 1995 or so.
I was born in 1955, and thus am used to reading newspapers which have continuation errors, a problem a lot more time-wasting than most of what is described here.

I wish I could reproduce here a 1960 New York Times article concerning my worksplace. Lines and paragraphs are randomly distributed. And that was (and IMHO is) one of the best papers.

Even today you can find small-time papers, or at least single issues, that are no better than the uncorrected scans at archive.org/texts.

I am blessed with not noticing the vast majority of single-word errors.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 02-05-2013 at 08:19 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote