View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
New personal DVD player from Axion

For years I wondered when there would finally be a Walkman CD player that could play CDs loaded up with MP3 files. Now I'm wondering when we'll see a DVD player that plays DVDs loaded up with DIVX movies and oodles of MP3s.

Until that day comes we're forced to use our pdas or various portable media players... or now, if we are satisfied with playing DVDs, we can have our own portable DVD player from Axion. Looks like you can even play video games on it with a SEGA game pad!

Features
* Hi-Res 4.2" Widescreen LCD screen
* Top-loading DVD/CD/MP3 player
* Built-in Axi-Port for connecting to TV tuner or SEGA(TM) game pad.
* Stereo A/V output jack for external TV monitor
* Built-in stereo speakers
* AC/DC (Car Cord) adapters included
* Kickstand for easy desktop use
* Two stereo Hi-Fi headphone jacks

Specs
Built-in 7.4V polymer Li-ion battery
Dimensions: 5.51x5.51x1.02" (14.0x14.0x2.6cm) (HWD)

Very impressive. I couldn't find it at the online store, but it's supposed to go for $140. The optional TV tuner is only about $40.

(Via Gizmodo, an excellent site.)