View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #10
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
That clears things up.

I wonder how hard it would be to adjust the Connect to iTunes feature to support mobi to the iPad Kindle App?
I very much suspect it would be non-trivial! The current capability uses the interface that iTunes exposes for handling media (of which ePub books is one type). This exposes a set of attributes that can be set for the media, and the ebook metadata is mapped onto these. The Kindle app uses a different file transfer facility, and that has no concept of the attributes that can be set.

In fact if any such development were ever done I see no reason why it should be specific to a particular app as the Transfer of files to/from an app is a generic iTunes capability, and would sensibly be treated as more closely aligned with the "Connect to Folder" facility in Calibre. Having said that, I have no idea if iTunes exposes this file transfer capability in any useful manner.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote