View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
jalapenocheese
jalapenocheese began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
new to e-book readers

Hi there

I'm a newbie to the world of e-book readers. I've had an iPad since it first came out with the idea that I'd read books on it. Four years later, I still haven't made a good dent on my reading habit. I think one of the biggest issues I had was I also was doing a lot more stuff on my iPad (eg, FB, surfing the net, etc.) so that was taking a lot of my attention every time I get bored with what I'm reading.

That said, someone suggested a dedicated e-book reader since you can't do much with it but read. So that got me wanting one - I initially wanted a Kindle Paperwhite but seeing how it doesn't handle ePub (drag/drop - majority of my ebooks are in this format), I think a Kobo would suit my needs more.

In terms of versions, I like the Aura HD but I think I'll hold off until I think I really need it. Currently, I'm in the market for a used Kobo so at least I'd have a few months to play with/experience one before thinking about an upgrade.

I had a look at a few used Kobos from Glo/Touch/Mini on Kijiji (canadian Craigslist) and does anyone know what is the going price for a used Kobo so at least I'd have an idea?

From those three, what would you choose if you are pretty new to e-book readers?

Thank you!
jalapenocheese is offline   Reply With Quote