View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Pandigital Novel first impressions

I just posted my first impressions of the new Pandigital Novel over on my blog. Here is the first part (it's pretty good summary):
Quote:
This post is a collection of first impressions. I usually post this on the day I get a device, and then post a full review a coupe weeks later. If I were you, I wouldn't decide for or against the Novel based on this post. At best, you might use this post to help you decide to wait.

I bought my Novel at Kohl's. Someone posted a comment yesterday and said that most stores now have it in stock. At my local store it was behind the jewelry counter.

So what do I think? I'm not happy with it, and here's why:

* touchscreen is funky
* Wifi is broken
* the Novel is slow to respond to input
* you can't charge over USB
* few options in reader
* few organization options in library

Before you read further, I want to make it clear that I don't slam an e-reader without good reason. Everything in this post is written based on having the Novel in front of me. I didn't say very many nice things about the Novel because I couldn't find any. I actually went into this with high hopes, and I'm disappointed. The Novel is a rather unexceptional device.
continued here
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote