View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Sony->Kobo transfer browser/printer alert

Hi,

I suggest you do this procedure using a computer.

I don't know if this is unique to Apple devices and the Safari browser, but just wanted to send out a little warning.

This morning I got my transfer link via e-mail and went through the procedure of transferring my Sony library to my Kobo account. I did all of this on my iPad, using the Safari browser. After this was done, I ended up on a page in my browser with detailed lists of the books which did and did not transfer. The web pages said to print for your records, which I did. What came out was 2 pages of mostly solid black ink. The book titles did not show up, although I could see the authors' names, so this will be somewhat helpful. If you leave that page, you will not be able to get it back. I was going to try to copy/paste the contents of the page to a notepad, but I wasn't successful and ended up navigating off the page, so it's gone.

Other than that...lost 12 books, but they were freebies and I still do have copies on a PC hard drive.

I just wanted to warn people about the above scenario and maybe save someone else using up a whole bunch of black ink.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote