Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #171
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemc View Post
I think that WT Sharp is being both subtle, humorous as well as poking a bit at the acrimony that occurs in rules discussions in this club. I took his comment literally as there are twelve non-duplicating months in 2013. They are January, February, March, etc. Last time I checked my shiny new 2013 calendar, no months repeat therefore I agree with WT. Though I really like April. Spring, flowers, warmth, … hmmm can I have more Aprils in 2013?
Ah, could this be?

Even when I first read it, since I've seen him make jokes here and there, I was thinking a joke since I was so surprised by it, but then with the talk of repeat categories recently, it just seemed so plain what he was saying that there didn't seem any other possibility. At first I thought, maybe he was trying to joke about barring repeat categories but I didn't see any hint of a joke in the sentence. Of course, I was only thinking months as in categories, as in "two months of classics", so I thought "12 months with no repeats" meant 12 months with no repeat categories bolstered by JSWolf's post not far above:

Quote:
I don't think we should have any duplicate categories.
Even after your explaining it, I see it now, but still think it's ambiguous enough in the way it's worded not to be sure what the intention was. And I know I wasn't the only person who interpreted it as meaning he was suggesting barring repeat categories.

Anyway, those are just explanations to lessen my embarrassment if he was joking about the months. And I was wondering why he was being so specific about saying "12 months in 2013". D'oh! Tom, clear it up for us! If you really meant it about categories, then I'm still confused, and if you were joking -

Spoiler:
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote