View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #10
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Well of course they do! They are operating a payment gateway.

All payment gateways charge by transaction. The vendor is charged a small fee, usually a percentage, for each sale. It's a business cost that the vendor chooses to pay in order to use the facilities of the gateway.
Yes, I have no problem with that. But some may not like PayPal specifically, and would prefer some alternative that doesn't give money to PayPal. That is how I perceived the post by Uppercastle.

I also agree that there currently is no alternative. PayPal has almost(?) a monopoly on small international payments.

Last edited by Adoby; 09-20-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote