Thread: Embedded fonts?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #11
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So then users of a Kobo are not allowed to have true styles and are stuck with the simulated styles. Is that really such a wise choice? It's because of the way ADE handles fonts that a lot of eBooks are coming with embedded fonts. ADE uses one font and simulates bold and italic. The italic looks awful. If the publisher has decided to make the books look better (see the Stig Larsson ePub for example) then the users of Kobo get shafted.

i read three of the Stig Larsson ePubs and thought the books were great didnt give a second thought to what the font was and certainly didnt feel shafted. To be honest until I started reading your posts it didnt even occure to me that there was an issue with imbeded fonts?
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote