View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 04:21 AM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Previously I was setting these three variables

CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY
CALIBRE_LIBRARY_DIRECTORY
CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH

and this was when I experienced trouble. Wallowing in my ignorance I assumed it was a Windows problem. I figured someone that cared more than I did would come forward. Since it has been months with no report I figured it was just me.
Ahhh, I forgot about CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH.

Looking at the code, setting CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH will totally break multi-library operations. It will *always* use the same database, no matter what library folder hierarchy is being used. For example, copy to library will copy to the other folder hierarchy but update the current database. Not good.

I think that change library (and copy to library) should be disabled when CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH is used, and will submit code to do just that.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote