View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 03:56 AM   #13
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
It's just a simple hall sensor what triggers the stand-by, it senses magnetic fields, but can't really make out which "direction" they are coming from (when moving).
well, i kind of figured out what triggered it. the table i placed the kindle on had metal below the surface. somehow, the magnets reacted with the metal and the kindle went to sleep. after seeing this. i placed it on top of the rails of my staircase, which are wrought iron, and got confirmation that it did the same thing. somehow, the magnetic field reacts with the metal to do it.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote