View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #21576
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I remember as a kid at summer camp, we used to put pieces of adhesive tape on the walls next to the head of our beds at night, and in the morning there would always be several of them stuck to the tape. In my brain I know that these aren't nasty critters, but when I see those looooooong legs they just freak me out. I wonder why I don't get that same feeling when I see Sharon Stone?
Because you're appreciating her for her mind? (She is rumored to have a very high IQ.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
There are no degrees of pain. Sensation is either comfortable or intolerable. People often talk about something they call their 'pain threshold.' Mine is called a 'discomfort index.' I used to ask for general anesthesia when I got hair cuts. It's one of the reasons I grew a full beard...

Stitchawl
There was a reason I was asking. My wife is always complaining of spider bites, while I never notice them. Some people react stronger to certain stimuli than others, especially if they're allergic.

I think if I were ever captured by the evil ones, I could hold up under a good deal of torture; but if they brought in a dentist I'd tell them everything they wanted to know and a few things they didn't.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote