View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 04:34 AM   #470
Wibber
Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle K3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Yes, that worked fine for him already, I think. The only piece missing is the device specific information. And I don't see why anyone should light-heartedly present their own data for this - agreedly - noble cause.

term1nat0r: What you would need to do now is:
- dump the part of the flash that holds the device specific information
- restore sensible values with a hex editor
- write the changed data back to flash.

You need to dump 0x400 Bytes (1kByte), starting at position 0x00040c00.

The first 16 bytes are the serial number (ASCII encoded), 12 Bytes starting at offset 88 (decimal) represent the MAC address (ASCII-encoded again, here it's the Wifi-MAC, I don't have a 3G unit to test).

Note that serial number and MAC are stored in a special section of the Flash which is _not_ part of any partition. No need to dump the whole device, though. See the exact offset/length I cited above in this post.
Awesome, thanks man I think this is what I needed!

Hopefully I didn't overwrite the original serial!

So I can do this with K3flasher?

Cheers
Wibber is offline   Reply With Quote