View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #107
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Do I need the tools, or can I just use any file browser?
My understanding was, that certain files are locked. Editing them will cause some sort of virus warning or something? At least, back in the days the OS would notice when a file has been modified.
Especially OS files should be protected.
I still remember some parts of the procedures of Sudo Root and stuff, and trying to gain access on a harddrive using the OS's clearance.
Without it, you'd not be able to access (or see) those files.

I could be wrong, it's been such a long time ago.

Also, there's a file for windows to be able to read EXT formatted drives.
Once installed, you could access the drive, and even change it. I wonder if that may be able to do it?
Err, you'd at least need one with a "connect to server" functionality, so most would probably work. IIRC you might have to login and make the rootfs Read/Write before loggin in with nautilus...

It's been a while since I've done this...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote