View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
alikayn
alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Read this sticky. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175

Bottom line is it does not matter how Calibre STORES books.
Calibre will deliver the selected titlles (and set format) to your device with a click of a mouse.
Pteferences (and tweaks) control how things are displayed in the Bookshelf.
Plugboards and device templates control how the SENT book is named
Thanks for your quick reply.

Actually it does matter, I want my hard drive organised logically as I have a great many files (and quite a few drives).

I don't understand why a library program doesn't store files like a library does. Yes, I've noticed the piss-off-and-don't-ask message. I mistakenly thought the save to disk option was the godsend I wanted.

I also thought that somewhere in the tweaks was the magic that enabled me to store my files in author lastname,firstname order and that it was my lack of python that was holding me back.

I've just spent 6 hours cleaning up the e-books folders and experimenting, guess I'll just have to find something else.

Thanks
alikayn is offline   Reply With Quote