View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 02:39 AM   #9
emai7s2
Connoisseur
emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.

Device: Palm & PPC
Ficbot said:
Quote:
The only downside is that she is paying me about 10 k below market level, this will not increase much (I might get a 3% raise this year, she has promised a little more than the standard 2% cost of living for me because I am one of her better staff, but I ave not seen next year's contract yet) but that is it. Plus, there is no pension plan. The public school jobs pay MUCH better, have amazing benefits and, once you are in, have union protections that are enviable.
Perhaps you can use the better offer (higher pay/better benefits) to negotiate for a raise in your current position? If you have a concrete offer in hand, go to your supervisor and tell how much you like your current work and the people you work with, but have an offer that pays much better. Maybe the supervisor will be motivated to match the offer, or at least improve your current situation. It's actually a pretty good situation you are in - you have a job you like, and you have other options as well. Good luck!
emai7s2 is offline   Reply With Quote