View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Some Overdrive Library Books not Allowed to be Copied to Portable Devices?

Greetings Everyone,

Has anyone encountered Adobe ADEPT drmed pdfs supplied by overdrive that are not allowed to be copied to and read from a portable device? I downloaded Dacre Stoker's "Dracula: The Undead" and it tells me I don't have permission to copy the PDF to my device. This has never been an issue before, even with other PDFs that behaved oddly (i.e. expiring right after the initial opening of the book). This same book will not reopen after ADE is closed; instead it downloads itself again. It is also apparently immune to the ineptpdf script. Was this file damaged in someway or is this some new, more restrictive variant of ADEPT DRM? I am just going to buy the ebook now that it seems that I can't borrow it and read it from my device. Maybe that's the intention of the publishers? It is an unusual PDF; its over 30 megs despite being a graphically non-intensive novel.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote