View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #21610
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
@ Stitch & Tom: feel PMd by me
Apart from being a curious having no false shame taboos about exchange of info on what I believe to be a natural topic - I tought about getting the treatment and know no one who did it. Thus am interested about the pre-, itself and aftermath of the procedure. Sharing of expetiences is thankfully appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I have been thinking about a vasectomy for a number of years now. Worry about that has always kept me procrastinating. Was it because of an infection that it became so painful, or just something that normally happens?
I think what happened to my friend was the exception rather than the norm. He got some sort of infection, which caused his problems. That can happen with Root Canal dentistry, getting a tattoo, or from an ingrown toenail. It's just in a more sensitive location.

The procedure itself took less than 20 minutes (minus the area shaving and local anesthetic.) Frankly, for me, it was less painful than most dentistry I've had, just a LOT more scary. The actual incisions (yes, there are two; one on each side,) are no more than about 1/2" long, if that much, and for 'me,' was the only area that remained a bit tender after the initial few days healing. That disappeared after a month or so. For a couple of days you won't want to bounce around... no trampolines, no ski jumping, etc., but if you move slowly and carefully, there really isn't any problem. As I said, the FEAR of the procedure was far worse than the actuality. I mean... there is this person coming towards your most delicate gear with a needle. (For those of you who were in the Military, remember the stories in Basic Training about the 'square needle?') Well, even for a wuss like me, I didn't even cry once...

But the very biggest discomfort, without a doubt, was after 3-4 days when those damned little hairs started growing back and stabbing me every time I moved. That lasted 2-3 days until they were long enough to bend over rather than jab.

As for the aftermath, unless you use a microscope, there is NO WAY to tell if a person has had the procedure done. None.

If you are certain that you never want any more kids, and you want to free your significant other from taking chemical contraceptives, or worry that mechanical ones might malfunction, it's a good move. It's highly doubtful that you will be the one in several thousand who has complications.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote