View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Amazon might have stated that it was automatic, but I have found that syncing on all of my Kindles (E Inks, KFire, apps) is not always automatic. Or more appropriately, it is not always quick to sync. With the E Inks and the KFire you should exit the book to the Home screen before putting the Kindle into sleep mode, otherwise it might not sync. I also make a habit of manually syncing just to make sure it does. I think that if left alone and with enough elapsed time they will sync automatically, but Kindle time is not always in tune with our time frame.
Same here, also with "delivering books" not always as snappy as other times. Also I've got one book somehow stuck in a "to be delivered (to my Droid X)" that will not seem to clear. I have not checked with Amazon about it but will at some point.

Also maybe some one else has seen this. I thought that I could SET the farthest read location on either my Kindle2 or Kindle App, but I'm not seeing that on the Kindle Fire app. One of my books (collected short stories of Faulkner) has a furthest read location of one of the appendices which prevents me from keeping my readers in sync.

I guess even a way to "Clear" the furthest read would do to get them back in sync.

Anyone know about this or how to fix it? I scanned the FAQs on Amazon and didn't readily find anything.

Last edited by kennyc; 11-20-2011 at 12:56 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote