Thread: Dictionary FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #14
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komo View Post
From all the comments above, I believe that I can buy the dictionary from mobipocket, perhaps I have to edit some data with Calibre, and then I can do instant lookup in the dictionary when I am reading a german book. żDid I understand correctly?
As long as the Mobipocket dictionary uses only Latin characters, it will work as a Kindle lookup dictionary. German definitely works, so does Spanish.
All you have to do is remove the DRM. No further editing with Calibre is required. However, some advanced Mobipocket features such as fuzzy searches are not supported by the Kindle.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote