View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #14
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
I join the ranks here.

I would love to see indication of a firmware upgrade is being created/developed, and or one really in the pipe.

Some schedule of upgrades would be great too, and/or a partnership with us the costumers (ex. in beta testing) if that could narrow the window of development.

The reader as already 4 months of normal commercial existence, and no idea of what is going to happen or when is going to happen in the software front.

In my opinion Bookeen is the David in a Golias little world (Sony and Amazon at least).
They have a good product, that’s why people are buying the thing and are a willing to pay the fortune they are asking - sorry but the 350 euros I paid for the reader versus the 199 euros I would pay for the Sony 505 if I was buying in the US at the actual rate of 1,5 US per euro is an assault to our pockets - but they should be furiously working in making it better by making upgrades and relating to the help of costumers very soon, or they will be eaten alive.

And then a “art” thing instead??? Not good for the PR of the company, no way…
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote