Thread: Best for manga
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #11
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It really isn't fair to compare the 500 to the Gen3. Teh Vizplex screen is noticeably better. If you want to compare, compare the 505 to the Gen3 since they both use the same screen. I don't know if the 505 would look that much better since the 505 has 8 shades where the Gen3 only has 4.

If someone wants to send me a Gen3, I'll be happy to compare the two screens.
It's not strictly the hardware that's important in this case. A good dithering algorithm for example might be as important.

I have a PRS-500, a friend owns a PRS-505. I'll compare the 3 of them for manga reading as soon as I have a Cybook v3.

Anyone got a simple manga page for this ? For the test we would need: LRF with and without pre-processing, and the image file itself for the Cybook v3. Could be interesting for example to see how small fonts are displayed on each of those 3 devices...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote