View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
My Kobo eReader Arrived

edit - see also my post below... the problem was a badly structured file...

My Kobo arrived just before noon today and I have been playing with it since then. After noticing that it did indeed have 100 books already on it, I decided to add some of my own. So I plugged it in to my Ubunto box, and on the second try, it showed up. So I dragged a couple of my epub books on to it and unmounted it and then unplugged it. Got "Processing ... please wait..." so I did, for five minutes, then found a paper clip and reset it. No new books... Try it on Windows, the books are in the directory, but it still hangs when I disconnect. Try an already loaded card... takes a long time, but it finally finds and processes all the epub on the card and displays them.

Long story short, once I deleted my epub files from the Kobo main directory, everything is fine. Apparently you can drop pdf files into the main directory, but not epub files.

I installed the Windows app from the Installers folder. The Kobo app connected to my account and downloaded the three books I've bought, adding them to the five free books it came with. Then I sync'ed with the reader and waited til it finished. These books shows up in my "I'm reading" panel.

Oh, yeah - the serif text, at medium size for me, looks very good, although it looks double spaced - way too much leading between lines for my taste.

Anyway, still early times yet.

Last edited by pholy; 04-30-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: More investigation found the trouble...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote