View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Thank you to all that have replied, I shall give up setting the time on my PW now. However, I'm finding it hard to understand why an electronic device should need a connection to the internet to keep the correct time? It is totally ridiculous, even more so as they actually give you the chance to set the time on the device.

I think this is probably the final straw that will make this my first and last Kindle - other manufacturers will hopefully have produced a comparable device by the time this needs replacing. Other than the best screen around at the moment, for me the greatest enjoyment of having a Kindle has been the enormous amount of 3rd party cheap covers available. It is always hard trying to find suitable (here read slim non-generic) covers for a Kobo or Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Why don't you want to register it?
As I posted in another thread:

No advantage for me to register as I don't use wifi at all, but there are some disadvantages. I always sideload my books, (even if bought from Amazon), I don't want to manage collections on the PW, I wish to do so on my computer as usual. However, I don't have a problem with people seeing what I am reading - I really like to use the cover of my current book as my screensaver - but I don't want information from my device being shared without my knowledge or agreement, (in fact I don't use Cloud storage in any form at all, not just Amazon but Apple, Google etc.), neither do I want my device to be updated without my permission - there are often bugs in first releases of software as well as so called "improvements" that are often anything but.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote