View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #11
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
3. metadata is not displayed. This is weird to me - it is the very first thing I would write if I was writing the software. I am hoping for it in the next firmware release.
This disturbed me too with my PB360, until I realized you can save all your books with useful titles with Calibre very easily.

I have 3 classes of books -- plain, tagged and series. Plain is obviously a stand-alone book, tagged are books that are part of the same "universe" but don't have a special order they should be read in (i.e. Nero Wolfe) and series, well they are series.

I save all plain books as "Author Name Folder/Title -- Author(s)"

I save all tagged books as "Author Name Folder/Tag Folder/Title -- Author(s)"

I save all series books as "Author Name Folder/Series Folder/Series Number -- Title -- Author(s)"

So I am essentially getting all the metadata information straight from the folder structure and file names. My only complaint is series still can get split up if different authors contribute. I've considered saving those series as:

"Series Name Folder/Series Number -- Title --Author" but that would complicate my book transferring and be more work.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote