View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #5
zensun
zensun began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
1. the cover verges on useless. It is a nice leather thing - looks good,
I found the cover to be pretty useless, too, and would debate that it 'looks good'! I'm currently using it upside down in my bag so I can slip the reader in/out when needed. I'd *really* love to know about a simple slipcase that would fit the 302!

Quote:
2. epub format does not seem to work very well...

<snip>

PDF is a problem (to me, useless), but that is not a surprise. I guess PDF will always be a problem. I do not count this as a problem as I think all 6" readers will be the same.

<snip>

If you tilt the 302, the g sensor changes the orientation of the screen. In theory, anyway. I found it to be very flaky. Sometimes it would - sometimes it wouldn't. Or it would do it when you did not want it to - and to get it back can be awkward. Frankly, not worth the trouble.
I'm guessing you're using the 15.1 version of the software? I had similar issues (especially with the g-sensor). Upgrading to 15.2 really improved reading PDFs and g-sensor performance for me.

Quote:
The internal mini-browser seems a bit of a problem. I went to Google and it did not display properly.
Agreed. When I found it couldn't handle Google, I didn't go any further with it. Very disappointed with the browser.

Quote:
Glare was a big worry for me - many people reported it as a problem, and suggested that a matte screen protector would be needed. Frankly, I cannot see the problem. My screen has no glare at all.
You're very lucky, then! Glare is an issue with mine, I often have to tilt it to remove the glare.
zensun is offline   Reply With Quote