View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivroar View Post
As a (novice) programmer myself, I cannot imagine what could be so hard about fixing it.
It should be rather trivial to fix, in particular since the Kindle developers have access to the Mobipocket Reader source code, but I guess not enough people are using French dictionaries and even fewer complain about it.
This might change if more French customers buy the Kindle, but this bug would probably only be fixed for the latest generation of Kindles anyway.
In a way, you're lucky that you're interested in French, because lookup dictionaries don't work at all for many other supported languages, e.g., Russian and Greek.
In that respect the Kindle software is a big step backwards from Mobipocket Reader. But as I said in my other post, the advantage of the Kindle is that you're not stuck with the default dictionaries and there are a lot of good Mobipocket dictionaries available that'll work on the Kindle.

Last edited by Doitsu; 01-23-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote