View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
My observation on contrast and glare

As I've been shopping, I've heard a lot of people dissing the Sony Touch for lack of screen contrast and glare/reflection. I played around with some demo units at Best Buy and it seemed acceptable to me. Then I started thinking about print media and made some comparisons (mentally, unfortunately, couldn't do a side-by-side, so take my observations for what they are worth). The contrast of the Sony, to me, is very similar to that of newsprint or most fiction books I read. The paper isn't white-white in those, and often the print isn't the blackest of blacks, either. The shine/glare seems similar to that on the page of a slick-print magazine or journal.

So for me, anyway, the Sony ain't perfect, but it's not enough worse than what I am used to in printed media to put me off.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote