View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #14
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by narve
By the way, that scribble-stuff was nicely done. Would you mind sharing the scripts, k2r? Or have you posted them somewhere already?
Well, thank you, but it is actually a set of very dirty scripts that does uploading by 'tar'ing and piping through a ssh connection and downloading the newspaper by getting a tar'd file via a cgi-bin on my server that downloads the newspaper and converts it to pdf...

I do no pdf-notes merging since I don't need it (yet), I just upload my .png notes and organize them automatically in some folders using their name.

I don't even use rsync but I'm planning on doing so since I wan't to have a simple two-way-mirror of my iLiad's /mnt/free and /mnt/card to drop in stuff (documents) that get transferred to the iLiad automagically the next time I sync.

You see why I didn't publish the convolute yet, they depend on the scripts on my server and I haven't bothered writing a save way to install the part on the iLiad.

I really should polish them a little, but you might be way better off waiting for 2.9. I'm curious whether iRex' solution will be platform independant.

However, if I was to implement a straight forward way to fill in graphical forms this is exactly the kind of solution I'd present first.
It's easy to implement in a few days on any given number of iLiads.

#!chris
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote