View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #21651
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkobo View Post
I can also plumb in the dishwasher and washing machine and repair the toilet flush mechanisms.
Wiring the house was the most enjoyable task, especially these days with the simple "push-in" connections already labeled. Three holes on one side going in, and three on the other coming out leading to the next one. Strip 1/4" and push in the correct color! As I was doing it before I put up the walls it took my wife and me less than a day to wire the whole house. Drilling the holes in the studs took the most time.

But doing the plumbing was the most fun! Copper pipes coming in and PVC going out. I even made the shower stall with two separate shower heads and controls. Showering together is easier that way...

Quote:
I'm allergic to paying money so I try to do as much as I can.
Oh, I love to spend money, but I love learning how to do new things even more! So I took classes in Home Wiring, Plumbing, and Basic Carpentry. The only parts of building the house that I found to be a chore was insulating and sheet rock taping. They were boring. And fortunately, the house was in a rural part of Vermont, and the building codes didn't require having a licensed tech do the work.

Quote:
But I won't touch anything to do with gas, I'm afraid of that one, as gas explosions are not nice.
They didn't even offer classes in that at my Adult Ed Center. Probably a wise move on their part...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote