View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #34
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyplf View Post
That's interesting about Apple and DRM. I've only ever bought one mp3 from itunes and it was only because I couldn't find that song anywhere else. That was years ago before youtube though. Now I can listen to just about any song I can think of no matter how obscure on youtube and have no need to ever use itunes again. So in my case Apple's DRM discouraged me from ever buying from them.

Apple has crazy customer loyalty which other media producers just don't have and that works in their favor even when they do things that might piss off their fan base people seem to still buy it. There must be some value in buying DRM media that I just don't understand.
Let me draw out the implications of this :

Youtube has a business model that its based on the easy availability for free of an enormous amount of pirated digital content. Thanks to YouTube, I no longer feel the need to buy content from any legit source, even if the content is offered DRM free.

Thank you for illustrating precisely why a no law enforcement approach to piracy will not work. I could not have done better myself.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote