View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
cptnemo
Enthusiast
cptnemo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickredding View Post
As far as I know, library = database with the book source files stored in the same directory.
Yes, you are right the command add takes care of also adding the file to the library directory. It also take care of the cover. It seams that the only option missing is -publisher but I can live without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickredding View Post
No need to get snippy. Your questions seem very elementary and easily answered by typing a couple of lines on the command line interface. Experimenting with the command line tools is not likely to mess up your database. Since that is what you are going to be using, you'll have to do a bit of experimentation because the command line interface is not a GUI, and hence not as obvious (or thoroughly documented). Good luck, I won't be back in this thread.
Thanks. Coming back to the original question of the thread, anyhow I couldn't manage to get the command for local recipes working. I prepared my recipe, tested on Calibre GUI, uploaded to the server /home folder. But still when I give the command

Code:
ebook-convert /home/calibre-library/Foreign_Affairs_Custom.recipe /home/foreignaffairs.mobi --output-profile kindle
I get this outoput

Code:
1% Converting input to HTML...
InputFormatPlugin: Recipe Input running
Failed to compile downloaded recipe. Falling back to builtin one
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ebook-convert", line 19, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/conversion/cli.py", line 323, in main
    plumber.run()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 972, in run
    accelerators, tdir)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 208, in __call__
    log, accelerators)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plugins/recipe_input.py", line 93, in convert
    raise ValueError('Failed to find builtin recipe: '+title)
ValueError: Failed to find builtin recipe: Foreign_Affairs_Custom
Why doesn't catch my recipe?

Last edited by cptnemo; 04-19-2013 at 11:32 PM.
cptnemo is offline   Reply With Quote