View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 05:30 PM   #6
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Not at all... in fact, many of us feel that one of the main strengths of e-books should be the ability to allow many of the things you're trying to do, that printed books obviously cannot handle. I commend you for trying to push the envelope there, and I hope someone can provide the answers you're looking for.

Have you tried Adobe's support channels? (Not that I've heard particularly good things about them, just curious.)
Although the drop caps thing is just "nice", the popup word definitions are very handy and could be useful in a wide variety of ebooks, especially textbooks and older works with archaic words. In fact, what prompted me to try this was an ebook I'm working on now that has several foreign and archaic English terms. I also want to have a hyperlinked Glossary at the end, which is why the lack of a "back" button in DE is an issue.

No, I haven't tried Adobe directly. I don't even know how to contact them with these types of questions. Also, I don't know if they would even bother to respond to an individual who is not doing this for some major corporation. I'll take a closer look at the Adobe site and see if I can turn up any contact information or forums related to DE.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote