View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #1859
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Also, I can't seem to get the books to disappear from the "top" page by placing them in a collection created on the Kindle. Somehow the Collections Manager has modified this behavior and I don't know how to change it back to the default. The bottom line is that this tool isn't very well thought out, or is too restricted by the firmware and workarounds so that it doesn't behave the way you'd expect an actual collections manager to behave (with sub-collections, etc.). But the main problem is that any change or update of the firmware requires a laborious re-installation of stuff that one just can't keep track of without a PhD in software programming.

Finally, to be fair, the fact that a 5th generation reading device doesn't yet have a way to categorize books that allows subcategories and sub-subcategories so that you have to install a hack to get that capability is just a real failure in R&D on the part of Amazon and other electronic reader developers. Sheesh.

Update: Looks like all I had to do to take the books out of the "top" category was set the righthand column to "Collections."

Last edited by freewheeling; 05-27-2013 at 01:00 AM.