View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
[Firefly] Some questions/rants before selling it... :-(

I've got my Firefly via ereader.de for quite one month and i'm using it a lot.
As already said somewehere in this forum, I think Firefly is a
*very good* piece of hardware but it's very, very, VERY poor on software side.
I'd like to use it for *reading* epub ( quite a standard, you know?) but no good reading program in Firefly.

*The* question I ask to Booxtor ( and, I hope, to other onyx-guys if present) is:

Is so difficult to have *one* application that is capable to correctly render an epub?
For "correctly" i mean that it respect Css stylesheet, follow end-notes ( and retutn to text), follow external via internal browser (and wifi), could render images and their correct positioning and al tast can use dictionaries and Search-text in the book in reading.
Other goods is the possibility in customizing fonts and margins bypassing the css, if I want.

No other i think is needed to read an epub with satisfaction.
Is really so difficult to implement such a program?

I'm not a programmer but Firefly is not my first ereader and i'm an experienced digital reader; sony, onyx-boox, NST (both via android and internal reader) and others have satisfactory apps to read *standard* epubs. Why the hell can't we, 200_euros_Firefly_buyers, have only *one* program to read instead of *three* damned, buggy, inefficent programs that cannot read an epub and *eat* resources to developers with no results at all?

Is there an answer in march 2013?

Ekkekkazzo.....

HP
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote