View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyrae View Post
So I guess i need to know in what instances would the calibre server require to connect with my PC, without me initiating anything?
I think there may be a misconception here! We are talkinga bout the Calibre Content Server (not the Calibre server on the internet) which is part of the Calibre software running on your PC. This allows Calibre to act as a server to software such as Stanza so that Stanza can obtain a catalog of the books in your Stanza library and then request the ones you pick to be downloaded to Stanza on the iPhone.

Whether the Calibre Content Server is run or not is configured under Caliber Preferences->Content Sertver. However as was said earlier you will need this to be running to enable the transfer of books between Stanza and Calibre.

Last edited by itimpi; 05-02-2010 at 11:29 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote