View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
The Great LCD Brightness/Distance Experiment

I'm a Kindle owner/e-Ink lover (enthusiast?) I've owned 4 different e-ink devices over the years, and I have always been in the camp that feels there is less eyestrain with an e-ink device because there is no refreshing or backlight.

Well, I decided that I'd try an experiment. I easily spend about 6-8 hours in front of 2 LCD screens every weekday, and I tend to get eyestrain by the end of the day. I've lowered the brightness on my monitors, and moved my primary monitor from about 24 inches away from my eyes to about 12 inches away from my eyes. We'll see how it goes.

Let the Great Experiment BEGIN!!!

jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote