Thread: Battery Life
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #33
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdibella View Post
I do wonder about the indexing function...if I turn the K2 off entirely, does it delete the index and force reindexing when I turn it on again? That would certainly explain my problem.

That would explain why one CS rep told me not to turn the unit off, just put it to sleep.
It won't delete the indexes.

I *have* had times where my K2 seemed to "forget" all its indexes. But they're all there. And a quick reboot brings them right back.

There are some poorly-formatted books out there that are in monospace font where every line ends in a hyphenated word that runs on to the next line. Kindle seems to get stuck on indexing those, and will do so over and over again, draining the battery on those. Those are too annoying to read anyway and should be deleted.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote