View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
M92: Wi-Fi performance

It seems to me that the Wi-Fi performance of my BOOX M92 is rather pure.

When I "measure" the signal strength using a laptop and a mobile phone, they both show "perfect" signal strength.

In the "Disassembling of Onyx M92" thread (in a post by "FDD"), I have found the information where the "internal Wi-Fi antenna" ("ANT1") is located.
It's on the "back side" of the device, about 1 cm up from the "+" volume control button.

I usually hold my device in my left hand, exactly by this left-down corner, so my hand "fully covers" this area.

Even when I'm just 2 meters away from the router, I get 3 bars only (sometimes even 2 -> this seems to depend on the "orientation" of the M92 with respect to the router).

As soon as I move my hand to the top of the device, I sometimes get 4 bars instead of 3 (especially if I hold the device in a way that its "back side" is oriented towards the router).

However, if I move two "concrete walls" away from the router (bathroom, some 6 meters away), the connection breaks (0 bars) or is very pure (1 bar).

What is your experience?

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 11-28-2012 at 07:15 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote