View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
schorsch-lukas
schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 with Rupor's (minimal/AMR) Root Package
Hi anabellita,

I've rooted with rupors AMR rooting kit about a week ago, and so far it's very stable over here. It is also quite easy to set up, even an inexperienced user can do it, in my opinion. All you need to know you'll find in this wiki.

A lot of interesting and working apps you'll find here.

I am using fbreader combined with colordict and am very happy with it. fbreader allows access to gutenberg, feedbooks and the like, so there'll always be enough classics to download and read for free once your on the road.

Sony has it's own store in the menu too, however, i never tried it.

No refresh works excellent here, although not with all apps. The letters appear just very rough, compared to the smoothness of fullscreen refresh mode. But it's still good to read. A little discussion here.

There might be a little more battery eating with the rooted device. Although i can't say reliably yet, because i played around a lot with apps and the no refresh mode. Once i start to read and read only, time will tell. But FBreader is sayed to be very resource friendly. Just the integrated colordict (once needed) seems to drain some. But it's a much better dicitionary than the stock one.

FBreader supports epub, rtf, fb2, html, plain text and (partially) mobipocket. I'm not sure if any reader supports azw on the sony. You might google for a conversion tool (maybe calibre can do it?), or search google play for another reader app.

Last edited by schorsch-lukas; 05-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.
schorsch-lukas is offline   Reply With Quote