View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"Switching a light on" is an effective solution .
Not really... My husband would kill me if I did that every night (beside me having to get out of bed, crawling over him, to turn it back off). And the bedside light we have doesn't really work for reading in bed... (a new bed is on the drawing board though, and we plan to make some really nice bedlights on that!)

rahlquist, I've a LCD device (backlit) that works perfectly for me. It runs on Windows CE, which means I can read a lot of formats, including DOC and PDF (not that I want to, but I can...) Be adviced though that the current LCD devices generally have a much shorter battery life than the e-ink devices. If you want something for christmas, I'd at least wait till this fall, when several new readers should be arriving.

Otherwise, I'd give her a raincheck to get a device when the PixelQi screens come out.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote