View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Amazon Kindle/Audible, offers two different features:

1) Whispersync for Voice: lets you switch between the textual ebook and the audiobook. This feature is enabled in any iOS/Android Kindle app.

2) Immersion Reading: read and listen at the same time, the written text is highlighted while narrated (kind like a karaoke). This feature is available on Kindle Fire tablets only. EDIT: also available within the Android app.

In both cases, you need to buy both the ebook and the audiobook, and have the Kindle and Audible accounts "linked" together. For details, see the Audible FAQs: http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answ...ersion-reading

=== === ===

BTW, my company ReadBeyond (full disclosure: I am the CEO and Head of R&D) produces what we call "Audio-eBooks": reflowable ebooks, with embedded audio read by professional narrators, synchronized to the text. We use the standard EPUB 3 (with Media Overlays/SMIL for the sync info), instead of the proprietary format used by Amazon/Audible.

On our Web site we have several (100+) full, free demos of English Short Stories (and other ~20 demos in ~10 languages). We also maintain Menestrello, a free iOS/Android app specifically designed for reading+listening. My signature has the relevant links if you wish to explore further.

Last edited by AlPe; 08-30-2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Added IR to Android
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote