View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonGaultier View Post
The Script is not only for update. You can install Calibre first time or deinstall it.

New Version is out v0.14
calibre has a bundled uninstaller, and the simple update script will upgrade from version=none, as well, since that also causes the version check to fail to return a up-to-date.

This just looks kind of complicated, when all you really need to do is run Kovid's installer with a cron job.

Unless there is some extra benefit I couldn't see? Your scripts are in German, so it was kind of difficult to follow the variable names and I couldn't read the comments. But it looked like you were duplicating Kovid's script and not much else.

Also, you were using sed and grep to find the current and latest versions somehow? It can be done simpler, as I demonstrated, using calibre-debug to report on itself, and using the page http://calibre-ebook.com/downloads/latest_version instead of parsing the download redirect.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote