View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #17
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Could this be related to the newly opened Canadian Kindle store (yesterday)? Only since then is Amazon prompting users to switch their kindle accounts from the US to Canada, if they so wish?
When I look at the second snapshot (in my first post) it says: "...available Kindle stores for your country".
And for "my country" Germany I only find Amazon US.

This looks, as if they've established some kind of "country pairs".
Or, in general, Amazon US is the only alternative, if any. Meaning: Some country treaties allow for the US as an alternative Kindle store, others don't.
Anyway, whatever may be the background, it seems to be something new...
Still a bit strange: I've got an address in the UK as well. One should think, it's easier to shop within the EU (Germany <----> UK), than pairing Germany and the US...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote