Thread: Font Embedding?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
I just was thinking about if and how such font stripping could be possible since I read a posting confirming that someone got in trouble embedding a commercial font. (I think Dennis posted)
Keeping in mind that commercial full utf-range containing fonts are not only expensive (thinking about the Linotype collection CDs here... 4 digit prices) but huge too (isn't, the full UTF Times New Roman, according to Wikipedia several megabytes big?)
It would make sense to strip them for several reasons:
I think this is a great idea. Quite tricky to do, but a really great idea.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote